Chair: Janet Rucker
Vice Chair: Prem Subramanian
Gregory Van Stavern
Organizational Arm Officer: Nancy Newman
The Fellowship Committee addresses issues concerning professional standards for Neuro-Ophthalmology, especially the training requisite to be recognized by NANOS as a Neuro-Ophthalmologist and advises the Board and membership on matters pertaining to these issues. The Chair of this Committee represents NANOS on these issues to relevant external agencies, specialty boards and associations.
- Keeps abreast of the ABO and other organizations with respect to accreditation and certification
- Develops standards for fellowships and keeps track of fellowship preceptors.
- Interprets and updates AUPO FCC guidelines for Neuro-Ophthalmology fellowship
- Reviews programs in compliance with AUPO FCC
- Review existing curriculum materials for Neuro-Ophthalmology fellowship training
- Reviews match process if needed
Relevant NANOS Strategic Plan Goal(s)
- NANOS will foster the development of future Neuro-Ophthalmologists