THOMAS AND SUSAN CARLOW YOUNG INVESTIGATOR AWARD
Thomas and Susan Carlow
This North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society (NANOS) sponsored award of $2,000 and meeting registration reimbursement will be given to a candidate or active NANOS member and is designed to encourage basic or clinical research in Neuro-Ophthalmology. The Awards Subcommittee of the Research Committee will consider scientific originality, academic merit, and relevance as criteria when reviewing the total body of work of an investigator. In addition, the quality of a representative new research manuscript will also be evaluated as part of the review process. (Please note that an abstract must be submitted via the online submission site.)
- $2,000 Stipend and NANOS meeting registration reimbursement
- Be a NANOS Candidate or Active member, in good standing, within the first five years after completion of a Neuro-Ophthalmology fellowship, at the time of submission of a manuscript and list of published works.
- Be the first author of the submitted manuscript.
- Have submitted an abstract of the proposed manuscript for the NANOS 48th Annual Meeting.
- Not be a NANOS Fellow (This refers to member status, not fellow-in-training). Work published or submitted for publication within the past year will be accepted.
Applicant should submit the following items as one PDF document electronically to email@example.com.
- An abstract submitted for platform presentation at the NANOS 48th Annual Meeting.
- A complete manuscript of the submitted abstract.
- A cover letter describing your overall research activities and your role in the initiation, conduct and preparation of the submitted paper.
- Current curriculum vitae (including a list of all published works).
- Two letters of recommendation from vision scientists or clinicians who have worked closely with the candidate. The letters should comment on the originality and creativity of the candidate’s total body of work, as well as its impact on Neuro-Ophthalmology.
- All application materials must be received by November 30th, 2022.
Submit Materials in ONE PDF to NANOS Executive Office staff via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to view past The Thomas and Susan Carlow Young Investigator Award Recipients