2020 Leadership Award- now accepting applications!
2020 Women in Neuro-Ophthalmology Leadership Training Award
NANOS recognizes the need to stimulate leadership development in diverse members of its community. The NANOS Women in Neuro-Ophthalmology Leadership Training Award provides a one-time, non-renewable source of funding to support leadership development for a NANOS member. Priority will be given to those who have been actively involved in the Women in Neuro-Ophthalmology Committee and NANOS. Nominees and alternates will be selected by the Women in Neuro-Ophthalmology Steering Committee subject to approval by the NANOS board of directors.
- Applicant qualifications: the applicant must be an active or fellow member of NANOS in good standing
- Award funding level: this award provides up to $3000 and anticipates funding one award per year
- Budget: can include registration, travel and accommodation for attendance at a leadership development conference. Support for participation in a substantial on-line program can also be proposed.*
- Proposal: the applicant must provide one electronic PDF submission to NANOS (email@example.com) by Friday, January 24th, 2020, containing the following information
- Applicant CV
- Proposal (max 1 page) describing
- proposed activities to be completed with the award
- how this will benefit the applicant at this stage in their career
- how the participation in the activities, knowledge and skills gained by the applicant will benefit NANOS and other NANOS members#
- Selected awardee will be responsible for arranging the sponsored activity and submitting a report to NANOS within three months of completing the activity.
* Examples include but are not limited to Women in Ophthalmology Summer Symposium, Harvard Career Advancement and Leadership Skills for women in healthcare, AMA national advocacy conference and excellent offerings by the American Association of Physician Leadership, Association of American of Medical Colleges (AAMC) and American College of Healthcare Executives
# Examples include creating content for NANOS members, developing material for the NANOS annual meeting, presenting at the NANOS annual meeting, etc.