Women in Neuro-Ophthalmology Committee
Chair: Kimberly Winges
Vice Chair: Barbara Yates
Organizational Arm Officer: Peter Quiros
The purpose of the Women in Neuro-Ophthalmology Committee is to mentors female members of NANOS and guide and advise women planning careers in Neuro-Ophthalmology.
- Advise/assist younger members entering N-O, as well as residents who may be contemplating N-O
- Inform WIN members about criteria for NANOS Fellowship and encourage application
- Encourage WIN members to become involved in NANOS committees and leadership
- Develop tools to help WIN members with career planning, including negotiations. Advise/assist members regarding academic promotion
- Foster collaborations in research and teaching
- Strengthen relationships with other groups such as WIO, AAMC, GWIMS, etc.
- Work with Development Committee to obtain funding for future programs
- Periodically monitor and assess strategic goals developed by the WIN
Relevant NANOS Strategic Plan Goal(s)
- NANOS will foster the development of future neuro-ophthalmologists
- NANOS will promote the financial well-being and viability of neuro-ophthalmologic practice