The North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society (NANOS) invites you to submit an abstract for its 42nd Annual Meeting. Abstracts are being accepted for the Frank B. Walsh Session and the NANOS meeting.
NEW THIS YEAR!
A NEW poster session entitled ‘Poster Session I: Clinical Highlights in Neuro-Ophthalmology’ will take place on Sunday during the Walsh Session day. All accepted abstracts that are self-selected case reports or deemed case reports by the Abstract Committee will be presented during Poster Session I. All accepted abstracts that are not case reports will be presented during the Tuesday poster session entitled ‘Poster Session II: Scientific Advancements in Neuro-Ophthalmology’.
e-Posters: All accepted platform and poster presentations will have the opportunity to submit an e-Poster. Additional details will be sent in acceptance notifications.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DETAILS
Deadline: October 30, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. CST
Please note the following before submitting your NANOS and/or Walsh abstract:
- When preparing your abstract, avoid trade names whenever possible.
- All authors that had influence over the content of the abstract must disclose. When submitting the abstract online, you will be asked to list the names of the authors and the corresponding financial disclosures, if any.
- NANOS Abstract Submissions will be considered for “poster”, “poster or platform”, versus “platform only” designation based on the information provided by the submitting author. Please note that abstract submissions identified for “platform only” consideration by the submitting author may be rejected if not selected for platform presentation by the Abstract Review Committee. Awards for the best work by a medical student, resident, and fellow-in-training are available (see below for link to the Trainee Award Selection Criteria). For information on the Young Investigator Award, also see below.
- Frank B. Walsh Abstract Submissions: If your abstract is not selected for a Walsh case, there is an option to check a box in the submission system to be considered for a NANOS poster in the Poster Session I.
- Presenting authors for Walsh cases must be attending staff, current fellows-in-training, or residents.
Residents may only be presenters if they have a NANOS member as a senior author who is familiar with the Walsh Meeting, is in the audience, has a microphone in their hands, and will mentor the resident throughout the process. It is mandatory that all presenting residents are currently participating or previously participated in the patient’s care. Residents are also encouraged to review prior Walsh case videos on the NANOS website prior to presentation.
- Meeting registration, travel and hotel accommodations are the responsibility of the presenter.
- All accepted abstracts will be published in the Meeting Syllabus and will be included in NOVEL (Neuro-Ophthalmology Virtual Education Library). Your abstract can be previously presented but you will need to include details within the submission process. NANOS does not accept abstracts representing the content of manuscripts that have been published before January 1, 2016.
- Please click here to view the NANOS Abstract Review and Trainee Award Selection Criteria.
The deadline for submission is October 30, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. CST. Authors will be notified of abstract acceptance by mid-December.
YOUNG INVESTIGATOR AWARD
A NANOS sponsored award of $1,000 and meeting registration reimbursement will be given to a candidate or active NANOS member and is designed to encourage basic or clinical research in Neuro-Ophthalmology. The Awards Subcommittee of the Research Committee will consider scientific originality, academic merit, and relevance as criteria when reviewing the total body of work of an investigator. In addition, the quality of a representative new research manuscript will also be evaluated as part of the review process. (Please note that an abstract must be submitted via the online submission site.)
Download the Young Investigator Application Instructions. Applications are due to the NANOS Executive Office by October 30, 2015.
NANOS ANNUAL MEETING INFORMATION
Please visit the NANOS 2016 Annual Meeting page for important meeting details including program highlights and hotel accommodations. Registration will open in mid-August. Please watch your email for important meeting notifications.