Email list Terms & Rules
NANOSNET Frequently Asked Questions
Avoidance of Anti-Competitive Behavior Guidelines
The North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society (NANOS) NANOSNET email discussion list is a private forum maintained by NANOS for use by its members and selected other participants with a professional interest in neuro-ophthalmology. By becoming a member of the NANOS on-line community and making use of interactive areas, such as its NANOSNET email list, members agree to adhere to the Code of Conduct outlined in this document.
The purpose of the NANOSNET email list is to allow active and rapid exchange of information among NANOS members concerning puzzling or interesting case material, as well as meeting announcements, research trial organization and recruitment, as well as other collaborative projects and communications of mutual interest.
Posted messages contained within the NANOSNET email list express the views of their author, not necessarily the views of this NANOSNET email list, or of NANOS, its administrative office/agents, or its Executive Board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to sanction the person who posts objectionable messages and we well make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that sanctions are necessary.
- NO COMMERCIAL MESSAGES: Advertising or any form of commercial solicitation is not allowed.
- NO SPAM: Any communication that contains spam is prohibited.
- PRIVACY LAWS/CONFIDENTIALITY: Remember to comply with HIPAA standards and other privacy laws. No names, initials, or other readily identifying information may be included in clinical cases placed on the list.
- USE CAUTION WITH PRIVATE COMMUNICATIONS: The posting of private communications (including, but not limited to email, private messages, letters, faxes) without the consent of all parties to said communication is strictly prohibited.
- AVOID ANTICOMPETIVIVE CONDUCT:
- Do not discuss fees or prices.
- Do not discuss salaries or terms of employment.
- Do not propose to allocate or restrict patient markets.
- Do not propose to collectively refuse to do business with one or more providers, third-party payers, hospitals, suppliers, purchasers, or patients.
- Do not propose conduct that would restrict free trade in providing health care services.
General discussions about CPT and ICD coding are acceptable, as well as reporting of aggregate fee and coding data for the subspecialty.
- COPYRIGHT: Do not post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this NANOSNET email list.
- COURTESY: Do not be rude or attack others. Participation in this NANOSNET email list assumes that authors will remember that the purpose of the NANOSNET email list is to further the missions of NANOS and its members, and to improve neuro-ophthalmologic care. Communicating on an email discussion list is different from face-to-face communication. Only the words are seen, not facial expressions or tone of voice. Please pay careful attention to how words are used. Remember, words entered in a burst of passion or indignant anger will be there for everyone to see, sometimes long after those intense feelings have passed. This is not meant to discourage spontaneity, but a reminder of the long-term existence and ramifications of posting to a message board. You will receive a verbal warning for a first offense. Further violations may result in the removal of your posting privileges. If your post is completely unacceptable, do NOT expect a warning: your posting privileges will be removed.
- CAUTION: You agree, through the use of this service, that you will not use this NANOSNET email list to post any material which is knowingly false and /or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive or a person’s privacy, or otherwise violates any law. Material that advocates illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them is forbidden.
Violations of these rules will be subject to a ZERO TOLERANCE policy, and may lead to reprimand, or other sanctions up to and including temporary or permanent ban from participation. Please do not argue a moderator’s decision in public. Raise all grievances via personal message, keeping in mind that management’s word is final.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE NORTH AMERICAN NEURO-OPHTHALMOLOGY SOCIETY (NANOS), ITS OFFICERS, EXECUTIVE BOARD, OR WEBMASTER WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES RELATING TO LOST REVENUES OR PROFITS, LOST DATA, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION) RESULTING FROM, OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE USE OF MATERIALS POSTED ON OR MADE AVAILABLE IN THE DISCUSSION LISTS OR ANY OTHER WEB SITE TO WHICH A LINK IS PROVIDED OR ON WHICH A LINK IS PROVIDED TO THESE DISCUSSION LISTS, EVEN IF NANOS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITIY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL THEORY ON WHICH SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED.